Argonne National Laboratory
Structural analysis of the electrochemical double layer using crystal truncation rod (CTR) analysis. Direct determination of the surface structure from CTR. Bragg coherent diffraction imaging of the internal composition of the alloy catalysis particles, Materials Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 2017 – 2019
Analysis of a domain structure in a Li-rich layered electrode material for lithium ion batteries and its effects on electrode properties using a phase-selective analysis of electronic and local structures, Office of Society-Academia Collaboration for Innovation, Kyoto University, 2015 – 2017
- Diffraction anomalous fine structure analyses of the electrode material
- Upgrade of an undulator beamline in SPring-8 for resonant x-ray scattering measurement
- ab initio and cluster calculation of the electrode material
Crystallographical site- and phase-selective analysis of the electrochemical activities of the transition metal ions in the cathode material for the lithium ion batteries, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Kyoto University, 2012 – 2015 (research adviser: Prof. Eiichiro Matsubara, Ph.D.).
- Development of an instrument for a fast anomalous X-ray scattering measurement
- Development of analysis method for diffraction anomalous fine structure spectra
- Analysis of electronic and local structural changes of transition metal ions at each crystallographical site and/or phase in charge/discharged batteries.
Picosecond structural analysis of the photo-induced phase-change in GeSbTe by x-ray free electron laser, XFEL Research and Development Division, SPrin-8 Center, Riken, 2014 – 2015 (research adviser: Dr. Makina Yabashi.)
- Development of the IR pump – XFEL probe time-resolved x-ray diffraction measurement
- Analysis of the fs structural change and the lattice deformation induced by the optical laser
Study on Phase Transformations of Cathode Materials of Lithium Ion Battery during Charge/Discharge, Department of Material Science and Engineering, Kyoto University, 2010 – 2012 (research advisor: Prof. Eiichiro Matsubara, Ph.D.)
- Structural study of LiCoO2 by Rietveld and MEM analyses
- In situ XRD analyses of phase transformation of LiCoO2 during charge and discharge
- Direct observation of a reaction homogeneity in a composite electrode in a lithium ion battery.
In situ Observation of Change of Inner Structures in Active Materials for Lithium Ion Battery during Charge/Discharge. Engineering Science, Kyoto University, 2009 – 2010 (research adviser: Prof. Eiichiro Matsubara, Ph.D.)
- Optimization of a battery cell for an in situ X-ray measurement
- Development of instruments for in situ X-ray diffraction and reflectivity measurements.